FEDERATION COMMODITY DEPARTMENT ANNOUNCES STAFF CHANGES
Alabama Farmers Federation Commodity Department Director Jimmy Carlisle has announced a reorganization of staff members within that department.
Upon announcing the changes, Carlisle said special consideration was given to assure that existing staff would remain in their specific areas of expertise while reducing the number of committees that would be affected by staff changes.
A new commodity division director will be hired to replace Carlisle, who recently was promoted to department director, and another will be hired to expand the services of the department.
"These changes confirm the commitment of our staff to serve our members in the most efficient and effective way possible," Carlisle said. "As a membership organization, our focus remains on serving the farmers we represent."
A list of divisions and directors are as follows:
• Beef, Dairy, Hay & Forage Crops - Director Perry Mobley.
• Bee & Honey, Cotton, Wheat & Feed Grains - Director Buddy Adamson.
• Horticulture, Greenhouse, Nursery & Sod - Director Brian Hardin.
• Forestry, Soybean, Wildlife Resources - Director Steve Guy.
• Alabama Peanut Producers Association - Director Randy Griggs.
• Catfish, Meat Goat & Sheep - new director to be hired.
• Poultry, Pork - new director to be hired.