FARMERS FEDERATION ANNOUNCES POLITICAL ENDORSEMENTS
MONTGOMERY, Ala. -- The political action committee of the Alabama Farmers Federation (Farm-PAC) has announced its endorsements of candidates for the June 1 Democratic and Republican primaries.
The Federation's philosophy is to support candidates with moral character who will fight for accountability, fairness, security and opportunity. Following is a list of endorsed candidates in races already considered by the committee:
• U.S. Senator - Richard Shelby
• U.S. Representative, District 1 - Jo Bonner
• U.S. Representative, District 2 - Bobby Bright
• U.S. Representative, District 3 - Mike Rogers
• U.S. Representative, District 4 - Robert Aderholt
• U.S. Representative, District 6 - Spencer Bachus
• U.S. Representative, District 7 - Earl Hilliard Jr.
• Attorney General - Troy King
• State Treasurer - George Wallace Jr.
• Commissioner of Agriculture & Industries - Dorman Grace
• Supreme Court Justice, Place 1 - Kelli Wise
• Supreme Court Justice, Place 2 - Mike Bolin
• Supreme Court Justice, Place 3 - Tom Parker
• Court of Civil Appeals Judge - Tommy Bryan
Farm-PAC Advisory Trustees, who are farmers from throughout the state, met Jan. 20 at the Federation headquarters in Montgomery. Several candidates seeking the Federation's endorsement spoke before the committee that day and answered questions from members prior to the committee's endorsement recommendations.
"We are a non-partisan organization and have members who have sought our recommendations in both primaries," said Alabama Farmers Federation President Jerry A. Newby. "We hope our endorsements will be of assistance to our members if they are not familiar with the candidates. No matter who our members choose to vote for, we encourage them to exercise their right by voting in the primary June 1."
The Alabama Farmers Federation, a member of American Farm Bureau, is the state's largest farm organization with 435,000 members.