FARM-PAC SELECTS ENDORSEMENTS FOR NOVEMBER ELECTIONS
MONTGOMERY, Ala. -- The political action committee of the Alabama Farmers Federation (Farm-PAC) has announced its endorsements of candidates for the Nov. 2 general election.
Farm-PAC Advisory Trustees, who are farmers from throughout the state, met July 21 at the Federation headquarters in Montgomery. The Farm-PAC executive committee approved the recommendations of the Farm-PAC Committee at its meeting Monday.
Several candidates seeking the Federation's endorsement spoke before the committee and answered questions from members prior to the committee's endorsement recommendations.
Candidates were not endorsed in every race.
Candidates who received endorsements in last week's meeting include:
• U.S. Representative, District 5 - Steve Raby
• U.S. Representative, District 7 - Terri Sewell
• Lt. Governor - Kay Ivey
• Secretary of State - Beth Chapman
• State Auditor - Sam Shaw
• State Treasurer - Young Boozer
• Attorney General - Luther Strange
• Public Service Commission, Place 1 - Jan Cook
• Public Service Commission, Place 2 - Susan Parker
• Commissioner of Agriculture & Industries - John McMillan
Earlier this year, the Farm-PAC Trustees made endorsements in the following races:
• U.S. Senator - Richard Shelby
• U.S. Representative, District 1 - Jo Bonner
• U.S. Representative, District 2 - Bobby Bright
• U.S. Representative, District 3 - Mike Rogers
• U.S. Representative, District 4 - Robert Aderholt
• U.S. Representative, District 6 - Spencer Bachus
• Supreme Court Justice, Place 1 - Kelli Wise
• Supreme Court Justice, Place 2 - Mike Bolin
• Supreme Court Justice, Place 3 - Tom Parker
• Court of Civil Appeals Judge - Tommy Bryan
All endorsements, including those for state legislative races, will be listed in Neighbors magazine prior to the Nov. 2 election.