FOREST RECOVERY TASK FORCE TO HOLD PUBLIC MEETINGS ACROSS STATE
The Alabama Forest Recovery Task Force is holding six public meetings starting July 18 to address the persisting needs of forest landowners who were affected by the April storms.
The dates and locations of the meetings are as follows:
• July 18, Tuscaloosa: Alabama Cooperative Extension System Office, 2513 7th St., Tuscaloosa County Courthouse Annex.
• July 19, Cullman: Alabama Cooperative Extension System Office, 402 Arnold St. NE, Cullman County Office Building.
• July 21, Gardendale: Gardendale Civic Center, 857 Main St.
• July 25, Pell City: Pell City Civic Center, 2801 Stemley Bridge Road.
• July 26, Dadeville: Alabama Cooperative Extension System Office, 125 North Broadnax Street.
• July 28, Livingston: ALFA Environmental Hall, University of West Alabama.
All meetings will begin at 6:30 p.m. and will end at 9 p.m.
"I would encourage forest landowners who had damage from the April 15 and April 27 storms to attend one of these meetings," said Steve Guy, director of the Alabama Farmers Federation's Forestry Division. "Representatives from all of the major forestry agencies in the state will be on hand to provide information on resources that will assist with forestland restoration efforts."
The Forest Recovery Task Force was created in May by Gov. Robert Bentley and seeks to aid the forestry industry and forest landowners with salvage and recovery efforts.
See the PDF below for more information.
Forest Recovery Task Force Locations and Contact Information